Monday, September 20, 2010

HFMD :(

Fri, 17 Sep 10

I had fever on Wed evening and Mummy gave me my fever medicine...
On Thur morning, I still have fever, so I didn't go to school.....
On Fri morning, I was fine with no temperature..... Mummy decided not to bring me to school as it was pouring heavily, and I had just recovered....

In the late afternoon, we were getting ready to go out...... Mummy saw that my hands & legs have lots of little red bumps.....so she decided to bring me to the doctor..... As these are not blisters, we didn't really suspect it to be HFMD.....
(There was a case of HFMD in my school on Mon, 13 Sep)

The doctor suspected it to be either fake measles or HFMD.... After checking that my rashes mainly appear on the hand (elbow, wrist) and leg (knee, foot) but nothing on the body and back, he confirmed that it's HFMD....

However, he said mine is a mild case, and I should be fine in a few days time.....
Nonetheless, I was still given a week MC from school.....
He gave me anti viral solution to take and a cream to apply on my rashes.....

Oh, the doctor also weighed me........ 16.4kg....
He told Mummy my weight is equivalent to that of a 5 year old.... :)
Do I look sick?? ;p
How my rashes look like....

1 comment:

kkf said...

aiyo, glad it is just minor for ryan!